Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Suburbia and Purported "Hedgemony"

Thank you, Marjorie Skinner of the Portland Mercury on Design (MOD), for the little mention and reluctant praise--hey, we'll take it when we can get it, jabs at suburbia and all. I guess there's nothing else to do but proudly wear our naughty bastard child (of Portland-ish boutiques, that is) badge of honor with abandon.

MOD wrote:

Oh, I guess I’m a bitch. One of those snobby inner SE-dwelling types who steps off the grid so infrequently that I literally have gotten lost every time I’ve ventured out to the ‘Tron, cursing its comparatively labyrinthine streets and the odd errand that brought me there, beating the steering wheel and spewing vitriol at every drab strip mall I pass.

So, my expectations for a new online boutique originating in this sprawling suburb were somewhat less than astronomical. Turns out, I’m a snobby bitch, because Sotto actually looks like decent little trove of indie designs. . . .






No comments: