Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Another One?


Are you kidding? Another beloved casualty of this shaky--no, horrible--economy, Domino magazine is no more.

Growing up, I despised the white stark walls of my room. I begged my parents to let me paint the walls any vivid color. They said no. (Later, when I would visit home during undergrad, I would find the walls painted burnt crimson. What?) So, I painted everything else and rearranged, rearranged, rearranged my furniture.

Peering through Domino made me happy -- rooms of unabashed color, texture, print, all mismatched, layered on top of, and against, each other. Love.

1 comment:

KATLIN said...

Soooo sad! I'm not a huge home decor freak, so I would just flip through Domino... but I did like their style because it was similar to Lucky. Now I'm just hoping Lucky won't be next, then I'd be really sad because I've been subscribing since high school!