Thursday, April 9, 2009

Happy Feet (Or: My Obsession with Tassels)

About two years ago, I fell in love--the kind of head-over-heels love--for a pair of wooden soled Rachel Comeys with shingle detailing. I was obsessed! I wanted them in both the cream color and tan brown. I wanted the wedge version and the heel version. I wanted them all. Unfortunately, so did everyone else: I managed to land only one pair, which my friends dubbed as my "shingle shoes." Oh, are they great!

When I peered at the linesheet for Spring/Summer 2009, I found something as adorable as those shingle shoes of seasons past. My heart stopped! Tassels! And could I call that a pseudo-shingle? We have two styles to choose from because, if you're anything like me, you will want both versions. Just don't dawdle as long as I did.

(By the way, I must say that the construction on the Rachel Comey shoes has become increasingly better with each subsequent season. This season's shoes are truly special.)












No comments: